Business English, Professional English, Legal English, Medical English,
Online Journal for Teachers
English for Specific Purposes World
To receive regular information about new issues:
1. Collocations with “HAVE”
Expressions with HAVE
Have a look = look at something
Have a go = try something
Have a moment =have some time
Have a word with somebody = speak to somebody
Have a good time = fun
Have a good journey = wish success to somebody going away
Have a problem = a question
Haves and Have-nots = the rich and the poor
Fill in the gaps using appropriate expressions.
1. I always have ________________ in the morning.
2. Would you like to have a _____________ ? The bathroom is upstairs.
3. If you have ______________, you must have _____________ with the dentist.
4. Bye. Have a _____________.
5. Can I have a _____________ with you? I need some advice.
6. What time to you have ___________ in the evening?
7. Is that your new car? Can I _______________?
8. Did you have a ______________ on your holidays?
9. ____________ - income inequality in the world, the very rich and everybody else.
10. Beautiful girls all over the world dream of entering a _____________ - a beauty contest.
11. Would you like to have a _______? Juice, beer or wine?
12. Can I have a _____________, please? I am very hungry.
13. Did you have a __________ on your Birthday?
14. If you want to have a ___________, you must smoke outside the bar.
15. Our boss prefers to have a ____________ with a client after coffee breaks.
16. He is studying hard because he will have an __________ next week.
17. Take an aspirin if you have a ______________.
18. There is a swimming pool in our town, so we can have a _________ there.
Copyright 2002-2012 TransEarl Co. Ltd. All Rights Reserved.