Business English, Professional English, Legal English, Medical English,
Online Journal for Teachers
English for Specific Purposes World
To receive regular information about new issues:
2. Collocations with “DO VS. MAKE”
Fill in the gaps using appropriate expressions with DO or MAKE.
1. Women in this country usually ____ housework at the weekends.
2. They ______ money in the USA – now they are well-off.
3. We always ______ the shopping together.
4. Students usually forget to _____ their homework.
5. It is hard to ______ friends abroad.
6. I never forget to _____ my homework.
7. Traffic outside ______ a lot of noise.
8. She is _______ research in biology at London University.
9. He promised to _____ his best and kept his promise.
10. You are ________ well in this exercise, aren‘t you?
11. The Lithuanians prefer to _____ business with foreign investors.
12. What subjects did you ______ at University?
13. You will have to ______ your own dinner tomorrow - I'll be away.
14. He always _______ trouble whatever he does.
15. I _____ a suggestion: personalize your learning –then you will learn faster.
16. She always ______ an excuse if she does not want to be bothered.
17. The president _______ a speech on current affairs.
18. World bankers‘ have the only goal - to ______ a profit.
19. They _____ an offer which was impossible to turn down.
20. If you _____ someone a favour it means you will help them.
21. She failed to ______ a phone call.
22. Your good performance in these tests will _____ a good impression.
Copyright 2002-2012 TransEarl Co. Ltd. All Rights Reserved.